Friday 8 February 2013

Voila! Almost.

For all those who have been concerned that I've abandoned this blog due to being squashed under a pile of building rubble I can assure you that thankfully that didn't occur.  However, at the end of last year I did disappear under a huge pile of life related busyness - work, school related issues and reno. The good news is I've managed to climb to the top and its looking pretty good from up here.

The house is looking amazing, better than we could have hoped for.  There have been a few hiccups along the way but nothing that couldn't be fixed.  The amount of time we spent labouring over the plans have really paid off because there isn't anything much we would have changed - except perhaps the location of the linen cupboard - swaaping it from one side of a door to the other in the hallway.  But that's chicken feed really.

In think I left you all hanging in suspense as the framework was going up so here are few pics to whet your appetite whilst I get back into the swing of blogging.
Looking out the kitchen window





Beautiful 130mm spotted gum board from Boral - I love them...
And the beautiful spotted gum deck also from Boral, there will be many a party out here in time to come...

I look unsure in this photo but changing this dining area into a bedroom is one of the smartest decisions, it was such a huge long room before it really hasn't changed the living area at all, in fact I almost think it makes it more balanced. 
On a final note for those family and friends reading this, its the 8th festival of my sweet William this weekend.  It's been a busy and at times tumultuous 8 years but he is the light of our lives and I am so proud of the effort he puts into himself.










6 comments:

  1. Hi C, I'm glad your back. What progress you've made in the meantime! I love your floors, in fact I was tossing up between blackbutt and spotted gum myself, but I've gone with blackbutt. Have you any insider information between these species that I should know about? Can't wait to see more pictures. Happy Birthday W. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to see you resurface again. It is looking great, all this progress and action is so inspiring. We are doing spotted gum for our deck too, yours looks great. So glad you are back and there have been no dramas. mel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. The house is looking gorgeous and those floors are stunning xx

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Renovation is a great idea to give new look to your old and boring home.

    Builders Cleaning Perth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you want your bathroom renovations in Brisbane executed you want to just be sure you have the very best contractor you possibly can find.
    Some issues to search for will embrace making unique use of native suppliers that really take satisfaction in providing their clients with on time service.
    I have seen some glorious bathroom renovations in Brisbane


    brisbane renovations
    brisbane renovators

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1.Brisbane Renovations Team have the skills. From electrical cable laying through to fixing a switch,
    We are the man for the job. You want tiles laid or laid or simply repaired? As far as more experience...

    ReplyDelete