Friday 2 March 2012

Decisions, decisions, decisions...


It seems to me there are some parallels to starting a blog with making the decision to renovate:

BLOG: I'm not sure I can commit to regular writing
RENO: How will we fit this into our busy lives of work, school, activities and social commitments?

BLOG: How will I ever come up with enough interesting ideas & topics to write about?
RENO: Where will I find inspiration to ensure the renovation is creative, affordable & functional?

BLOG: The technical side of setting up a blog seems a bit tricky, maybe it's just all too hard...
RENO: Dealing with designers, builders and other tradies is stressful.  Maybe we should sell instead?

See what I mean?

It's hard to remember how many Saturday nights over the past seven years my husband James and I have spent walking around the backyard, glass (and tape measure) in hand, determining where the kitchen should go and what would be the best aspect for a new washing line.  However, in the harsh, bright light of Sunday morning it would would all seen too hard and the sketch pad would be put away.

Likewise several false starts have been made in getting this blog up and running.  Uncertainty about what to write and who will read make the power off button easy to press.

But sometimes making a decision is harder that doing the deed.  So now the first entry is now written, and this week there have been deposits paid.

There's no going back now....

Do you find it hard to make decisions?  How long did you live in your house before you renovated?

1 comment:

  1. Your website is excellent, very informative. I look forward to following your reno's via this medium. It takes me back to our first Reno and all the mixed emotions that come and go whilst it's in progress.

    ReplyDelete